Monday, October 12, 2009

"Four Letter World"?

Why that title?
Well, it's amazing what can happen when you realize you're sexy.
When you realize.. EVERYTHING is sexy. Sex is all over everywhere, and there's no denying our sweeter, baser nature.
"Yes, it too can happen to you!"
The dirty possibilities challenge you to explore while maintaining your innocence. Finding the courage to try new things, and still admit some ignorance to life. Step to the line and accept the calling, as it were. (A whole note on bondage/BDSM fits in here, but Ill save that.)

With that, life and love are one magnificent process- This is precisely the instruction I received upon moving to Chicago for the first time, and it's part of why I'm going back..

But getting back to the title: writing fiction has been tough for me. Its been hard to accept that brevity is my strong point when it comes to writing anything, really. I'd like to think that I have more to say, and that I can go deeper on a subject.

This is why writing erotica has been extraordinarily helpful.
When all you have to do is get 2 or more characters to get together and physically engage in some form, that single criteria frees you up to work any set of circumstances. Maybe this is a no-brainer for some, but I had to work it out.

That said, my current efforts involve putting together a short story collection that will be erotica-based, but not exclusively. The general theme will just be short fictions with a lusty underbelly;
I've decided to call it "Four Letter World".

No doubt, it will contain some four-letter words, and some 50c words. The images/product of course, will be a little more expensive. ;)
Most of the writing is complete, the editing process just begun. But I'm still very interested in fielding ideas for further writing. Got a plot line or some image or story element that you've thought about, but never thought you would write out? Let me know.

The first poem in my introductory collection Briefly, The Heart has an ending line:
"Without words they tell me: having sex is the one best way to take over the world."

And so, in the best way I know how, I will attempt to do just that. Wish me luck!

Don't worry- its going to take me awhile to find a press and get somebody to back me and market this thing, but you'll be the first to know when it hits the shelf.

Thanx, Team-
Dana


PS- (a journal entry from 6/08)
"Quick argument for the sexual revolutions' potential contributions to human longevity"

It all comes down to this: illuminating the taboo...
Anal bleaching gets us talking about our asses. Breast implants get us talking about... BOOBS! And there seems to be no end to the things we don't know about ourselves, just as there is no end to the pleasure one can receive in relaxing into the exploration of one's sexual faculties.
A stress reliever + physical equalizer, the erotic act, and the extent to which it can be discussed/shared + generally fessed-up to, is a powerful tool for life-long education. By doing so, we expand the possibilities of our nature and quite possibly the lifespan of our species.

No comments:

Post a Comment